Here are a few routes in and out of Clarksville, Missouri that are bursting with Fall color right now! This weekend is a great weekend to take a road trip for a pit-stop at Clarksville’s Applefest. Next weekend do the same and land in Louisiana, Missouri for their Colorfest weekend!
Driving a winding country road around sunset is one of my favorite things to do on a clear fall evening. Try some of these country back roads on a road trip to Pike County this weekend and stop in on Clarksville Missouri’s Applefest. Hwy 79 is nice, especially coming from the north. But if you’re driving up from the south or west try one of these alternate routes.
What a weekend for a beautiful drive through the colorful winding roads of rural Missouri. Make Clarksville Missouri a stop along the way and celebrate the Fall season with us at Applefest. Applefest is our annual harvest time celebration featuring parades, arts, crafts, food, music and drink. Saturday will be the busiest, but Sunday is fun too.
The weather looks great so make your plans now and we’ll see you in Clarksville.
Saturday Oct 13th:
- 10:00 AM – Parade
- 1:00 PM – Baby Contest (Appleshed)
- 2:00 PM – Champ Clark Skit (Appleshed)
- 2:00 PM – Fiddlers Contest (American Legion)
- 4:00 PM – Apple Baking Contest
- All Day – House Tours at Elgin / Cottrell House
- Art & Craft Show (Appleshed)
- Pike Linn Quilters: Demonstrating Block Making
- Clarksville Artisan Shops Open for Demonstrations / Shopping
- Petting Zoo and Pony Rides
- Food Court at Riverfront Park
- Apple Pies
- Apple Cider
- Apple Fitters
- Caramel Apples
- Cinnamon Apples
- And More…
Bankhead’s vegetable stand is open as their produce has shifted to late summer and fall seasonals. Bring your change and stop in their self service stand for fall ornamentals like Indian corn, gourds, squash, and mums. Or look over the last of the late season peppers, cabbage, and tomatoes. Here’s the latest price list I found on the board:
- Mums: $6.00 / each
- Squash: $1.25 / each
- Bell Peppers 2 / $1.00
- Tomatoes: $1.50 / lb
- Cabbage: $1.25 / each
- Small Peppers: 5 / $1.00
- Pumpkins: Price as marked
- Mini Pumpkins & Gourds: $1.00 each