Visit local artists from Hannibal to Clarksville and watch them as they work – studio tours and more!
- Date: Saturday March 23 & Sunday March 24, 2013
- Time: All Day
- Where: Missouri Highway 79 – The Great River Road – between:
- Clarksville, MO
- Louisiana, MO
- Hannibal, MO
Check out Clarksville’s local amenities for places to Hike, Bike, Shop, Eat & Sleep.
Pat and Tom Hooper share the craft of pewter making with Mark McDonald at their store, ASL Pewter, in Louisana, Missouri.
Louisiana Missouri is Clarksville’s big city to the North. 10 miles up the Mississippi, Louisiana is a lot like Clarksville. It’s a river town with some great working artists, eateries, city parks, and historic homes. ASL Pewter relocated from Clarksville a number of years ago to occupy a bigger historic building in downtown Louisiana.
I love visiting their shop. Browsing the old fashioned pewter-ware is fun enough, but Pat and Tom are so interesting and fun loving that I end up talking with them just as much. It never seems to trouble them to give you a tour of their workshop, and after a visit I always feel better about my attempts at a simpler life!
Visit them on Facebook
From Clarksville, Missouri, shop owner Caron Quick and chair maker Ralph Quick share their love and knowledge of building Windsor chairs with hand tools.
The Windsor Chair Shop is one of many unique Clarksville shops, and Ralph is one of Clarksville’s most recognizable and interesting members of the community. Visit their shop to see their award winning hand-made chair work. Bring a few questions and listen to a few stories. You won’t be disappointed!
Tomorrow: Saturday June 2nd, 11 AM–4PM. The Chamber of Commerce will be holding a raffle at the Chili Cookoff. We tried to build baskets around products you can find handmade right in town.
- 1 ticket: $1.00
- 6 tickets: $5.00
- 15 tickets: $10.00 <—Best Value !!!
Divvy up your tickets only to the baskets you want. Here are the baskets we’ve built:
Clopton’s #1 Fan Basket:
- 2012-2013 Season Sports Pass:
Good for one person to Every Clopton Home Game | Every Sport | Including Home Tournaments
- Lady Hawks T-Shirt
- Bundle of Scorekeeping Pencils
- 2 Clopton Flexfit Baseball Caps
- Great River Road Pottery: Ceramic Wine Cooler
- Bent Tree Gallery: Rustic Wooden Wine Stopper
- Bee Naturals: Aroma Diffuser & Assorted Travel Lotions
- + 2 bottles of wine, wine tasters journal
- M&M Greenwell: Wood Cutting Board
- Earth’s Heartbeat: Hand made and hand painted Mimbres Pottery Bowl
- Overlook Farm: Assorted Canned Relishes
- Richard’s Great Stuff: Decorative Stars & Picnic Tin
- + Sauces, Spices, Steak Knives, Texan Cookbook, & Cook’s Notepads
- Clarksville Glassworks: Drinking Fish Shot Glass
- Clarksville Glassworks: Swirled Cocktail Glass
- + Everything you need to make Margaritas: Tequila, Mix, Limes, Salt
- Clarksville Glassworks: Chili-Red Necklace
- + Party Bowls, Corn Salsa, & Sombrero!
St Louis Cardinals Basket:
- 2 Tickets to July 3rd Game against the Colorado Rockies
Seats are top deck, directly behind home plate. A great view of the entire field, city, and arch.
- 2 World Series Champion Beer Steins